Right foods is the only answer to your question on how to improve gut health. Digestive problems are very common in our society and they cause a considerable amount of discomfort and pain, and lead to a poor quality of life. Problems such as irritable bowel, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas, heartburn and reflux are now present in 1 out of 3 people and are becoming increasingly prevalent.
Some of the top selling drugs in America and other western countries are for digestive problems – these health issues literally cost us billions of dollars every year. There are more than 200 over-the-counter (OTC) remedies for digestive disorders, many of which can create additional digestive problems. Visits to doctors for intestinal and digestive problems are on the rise and are exceedingly common.
However, I have much worse news for you if you thought that digestive problems are merely limited to those listed above.
Problems in your gut can and do lead to systemic and serious health conditions such as arthritis, allergies, eczema, psoriasis, auto immune diseases (crohn’s disease, graves thyroid disease), asthma, autism, dementia, memory problems and even cancer.
A Healthy Gut Critical For Good Systemic Health
You see your gut or intestinal tract (small and large intestine) is merely an extension of your skin. If you think about it, your gut is directly connected to the outside world – and it is because of this fact that potential problems can and do occur.
Your gut is then not just responsible for digestion of food and nutrients, but it is linked to your whole body in many ways and is critical for your entire health. An unhealthy gut will lead to numerous problems within the body, some of which may seem completely unrelated to the gut.
Almost always, when people tell me that they have chronic health problems they will have a gut related problem, which is contributing greatly to their poor health. And in many cases, once the complete gut is cleansed and healed, a marked in improvement in their overall health results. In short, you need to have a close look at your gut if you have any long term persistent health problem. Later I will tell you how you can heal your gut for perfect health.
Immune System In Your Gut
The largest part of the immune system in our body is in the mucosal lining in the gut. Our immune system is responsible for keeping out any harmful substance, whether it be a bacteria, a virus, a fungi or a toxin, from crossing the gut wall and getting into the bloodstream where it could potentially circulate all over the body causing harm.
Your gut is permeable to some extent as it must allow the absorption of nutrients ingested to get through into your blood, where they can be used for energy and other bodily functions.
“A healthy gut will only allow the absorption of necessary nutrients and will keep out toxins, allergens and microbes. A healthy gut is therefore of prime importance too, and is directly linked to the health of the entire body.”
Your entire immune system (and your body) is protected from the all the bugs and toxins in your gut by a very thin layer which is only 1 cell thick. This delicate 1 cell layer is all that is between your body and the sewer system that is your gut!
If this thin layer becomes damaged in any way, there is the potential for toxins, bacteria, virus, fungi (candida) and foreign proteins (i.e, gluten) to enter your blood. When this happens, your immune system (which is very prominent in your gut and ready for action) then kicks into gear and mounts an immune reaction in order to protect you from the breach in security. This is when major systemic problems start in other parts of the body that seem completely unrelated to your gut.
The results of this over-reactive immune system are inflammation throughout the body.
It is inflammation which is responsible for arthritis, allergies, eczema, heart disease, alzheimer’s, and even cancer. It is inflammation which leads to a rapid aging of the body and organs. Your gut is the key for regulating inflammation within your body, and a healthy gut is very important for reducing or even eliminating inflammation.
Why Is Your Gut Unhealthy?
In the world we live in it is easy to see why so many people have problems with their gut or digestive system. The main causes of an unbalanced or sick gut are:
- A low fiber, processed food and nutrient poor diet that contains too many carbohydrates and sugars. This is a breeding ground for unhealthy bacteria and fungi or yeast to grow in the gut, which leads to a poorly functioning gut with a damaged lining. Hence, local inflammation starts and often becomes systemic.
- Medications can directly damage the gut wall as well – like anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, acid blocking drugs, and steroids. Anyone that has taken these drugs in the past is highly likely to have a damaged gut.
- Alcohol can also lead to a damaged gut wall leading to inflammation and to a leaky gut syndrome.
- Chronic low-grade infections or gut imbalances – the proliferation of harmful bacteria in the small intestine, yeast overgrowth or parasites etc, can lead to a damaged gut. The toxins released by these pathogens can also potentially find their way into the blood stream if there is a breach in the 1 layer thick protection barrier.
- Toxins damage the gut such as mercury, and mold toxins. Toxins damage the delicate gut lining, leading to inflammation and system toxicity.
- Poor digestive enzyme function – which can come from acid blocking medication, zinc deficiency, or with advancing age. If food cannot be broken down then the large proteins may be absorbed through the gut wall leading to further immune reactions. Once again inflammation is the result!
- Stress can directly inhibit the gut nervous system causing a leaky gut and change the normal bacteria in the gut.
As I have mentioned, it is so imperative to know that many diseases that seem totally unrelated to the gut, such as psoriasis, arthritis or auto immune disorders, are actually caused by gut problems.
So How Do You Make Your Gut Healthy?
The first and most important step is to perform a complete Gut Cleansing & Healing Program – to undo the damage caused by years of neglect and abuse to your gut from poor nutrition, stress, alcohol, drugs, and other factors, your gut (small and large intestines) needs a complete clean out from top to bottom.
Neogen Anti Aging has the latest medical gut cleansing & healing program available that will give you the ultimate gut cleansing and rebuilding experience for much improved health and vitality. This program will,
- Remove any infections or overgrowth of bugs like parasites, small bowel bacteria or yeasts – these cause massive inflammation so by eliminating them you are well on your way to much improved gut and body health.
- Remove the long term toxicity in your gut from toxins using ozone colon hydrotherapy and other methods – chronic toxicity in the bowel is the cause of many health problems. Once your gut is clean, you will feel and look much healthier.
- Improve digestion and breakdown of your food – eliminate bloating and reflux, and reduce inflammation.
- Provide high dose live probiotics from a coconut water fresh ferment, to re-colonize your gut with the healthy bacteria required for excellent gut health.
- Reduce inflammation using anti inflammatory natural nutrients.
- Repair your gut wall using natural gut repairing nutrients.
For more information on gut cleansing and health, whole body ozone therapy, whole body detoxification, stem cell therapy, cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes reversal programs feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Dr Theodore is an Australian Medical Doctor now living in Asia.
His Major Specialties are; Anti Aging Medicine, Whole Body Detoxification, Stem Cell Therapy, Whole Body Ozone Therapy, Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Heart Disease Reversal, Holistic Cancer Therapy, Diabetes Reversal, Natural Health and Healing, Male & Female Sexual Enhancement, Fat Loss and Body Re-Sculpting, Exercise With Oxygen Therapy, Metabolic Typing Nutritional Programs, Life Coaching, Pranic & Raja Yoga, Mantra Meditation and Spiritual Guidance.
He has trained in Australia and also in the USA (Boston, Chicago, LA) and Europe. He is the Founder of the Asian Society of Anti Aging Medicine (ASOAAM), and a Member of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine and the World Anti Aging Academy of Medicine.
He is a Lecturer and Trainer in Anti Aging Medicine, Whole Body Ozone Therapy, Whole Body Detoxification, Natural Health and Healing.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4591434